Gear that Grows with Your Kids
As a parent of two young boys, I am constantly amazed at how quickly they grow. There are literally nights when I swear I put them to bed in pajamas that fit and by morning they're wearing high-waters. It's a never-ending game. While we can't slow down your kids' growth spurts, we have tried to engineer some kids' outdoor gear for you and your little ones that can "grow" with them.
Two of our backpacks, the Fox 30 and the Fox 40 feature our VariQuick harness adjustment - allowing many adjustments for your every growing little ones. These packs are full featured packs just like the ones mom and dad carry only scaled appropriately for smaller bodies.
- Alpine back system
- Vari-Quick System
- Ice axe/ trekking pole straps
- side bellows pockets » side compression straps
- zipped pocket on the lid
- valuables pocket under the lid
- “D-Rings” on the lid
- additional access to the main compartment via the bottom opening
- Pull-Forward hip adjustors, easy to tighten even with a heavy load
- gear loops on the hip fins
- chest strap with emergency whistle
- shoulder straps with Soft-Edge edges
- hydration system compatible.
In addition to these two great packs, we make two sleeping bags for kiddos, the Little Star and the Starlight EXP. When your kids get older and taller, each can be extended a full foot (12 inches) by way of a zipped extension at the foot. When the extension is not in place, it provides additional insulation to little people’s sensitive feet.
Get Each of These at REI
It's dividend time, folks. Outfit your little person with a new pack and sleeping bag.